The Canadian Tamil Professionals Association (CTPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization focused on developing career opportunities for emerging and established Tamil Professionals through professional networking, professional development and mentorship. CTPA addresses the needs of Tamil Professionals by creating a community-based platform that connects our members and provides them with valuable career development resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create content and resources (examples: blog posts, eBooks, white papers, infographics, templates, etc.) to drive engagement among, subscribers, members, community stakeholders, sponsors and media.
- Produce copy on an ongoing basis to support and promote organization's campaigns and events to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Grow our subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with the challenges and opportunities presented to professionals of a visible minority.
- Drive the content resource development on website, social channels, forums, and community partners to provide members with valuable tools from career practices to industry trends.
- Research, write, review and edit communications and media products
- Work with Director of Marketing for idea generation, collaboration and building strong workflows.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our members.
- Facilitate the exchange of information to visible minority communities, through familiarity with primary first languages such as English, Tamil, French - engagement with the programs and services offered by Canadian Tamil Professionals Association.
Skills and Qualifications
- You can write and edit materials to convey key messages
- You can write in plain language and ensure content is appropriate for the intended audiences
- You have a critical and creative eye
- You can create compelling content for traditional and new media channels that support market reach and overall impact
- You can manage multiple communications projects to meet tight deadline
- Bilingualism in Tamil and English or French is an asset
How to Apply
Volunteer applications are now closed.
Please email email@example.com to learn how to get involved.