The Canadian Tamil Professionals Association (CTPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization focused on developing career opportunities for emerging and established Tamil Professionals through professional networking, professional development and mentorship. CTPA addresses the needs of Tamil Professionals by creating a community-based platform that connects our members and provides them with valuable career development resources.
About the Position
The role of the Events Associate is to provide support to the Director of Network Engagement for the management and coordination of the golf networking event as well as the annual Black & White Affair gala. This includes, but is not limited to, sourcing, process development, vendor management and external relation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with planning, promotion, and execution of events
- Effectively communicate updates, changes, and relevant details to team
- Prepare event-specific planning documentation
- Leverage and negotiate agreements as well as developing vendor relations
- Operate and maintain promotional equipment
- Prepare pre and post event communication to attendees and members
- Work collaboratively with the team on event day to coordinate logistics
- Additional administrative tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience assisting or planning events preferred
- Strong verbal, written, and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and complete them on the required deadlines
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Capability to work with a team and alone under minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable working in high stress situations and respond to unexpected challenges in a professional and resourceful manner.
- Understanding of generic event terminology and foundational structures of event plans preferred.
- Total of 3-5 hours a week, with increased hours closer to event.
How to Apply
Volunteer applications are now closed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to get involved.