The Canadian Tamil Professionals Association (CTPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization focused on developing career opportunities for emerging and established Tamil Professionals through professional networking, professional development and mentorship. CTPA addresses the needs of Tamil Professionals by creating a community-based platform that connects our members and provides them with valuable career development resources.
Event Planning Associate
About the Position
In 2018, CTPA’s signature summer networking event, Toast to Success, will expand to a series of 2-3 enhanced networking events. It will combine the success of our networking mixers and Toast to Success to provide an educational and meaningful networking experience for Tamil professionals in the Greater Toronto Area throughout the year.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Along with the Director of Networking, brainstorm themes for each networking event that will appeal to a broad range of professionals and fits within CTPA’s strategic goals and vision.
- Find potential venues in the GTA that will accommodate the event and maintain a database of these venues and their contacts.
- Research potential venue, entertainment, media or catering partners obtaining information, such as photos and preferred vendors, as well as cost estimates.
- Contact potential speakers or panelists and maintain a database of these individuals and their areas of expertise.
- Establish and build professional relationships with vendors and partners.
- Plan and manage event day logistics, such as registration, vendor relations and general run-of-show.
- Collaborate with other volunteers and Directors to create a meaningful and worthwhile experience for Tamil professionals.
- Maintain an accurate and complete database records.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or in final year of completion)
- Experience in event planning, public speaking, and/or customer service.
- Demonstrated interest in networking events, cultural happenings and educational programming
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle various large projects at once
- Works well within a team as well as independently, following through on tasks assigned to the best of their ability.
- Total of 3-5 hours a week, with some evening and weekend time for events is required
- Social justice oriented considered an asset
How to Apply
Volunteer applications are now closed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to get involved.