The Canadian Tamil Professionals Association (CTPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization focused on developing career opportunities for emerging and established Tamil Professionals through professional networking, professional development and mentorship. CTPA addresses the needs of Tamil Professionals by creating a community-based platform that connects our members and provides them with valuable career development resources.
External Relations Associate
About the Position
The External Relations Associate will be working with the Director of External Relations ensuring CTPA develops and maintains relationships with sponsors, community organizations, elected representatives and other stakeholders within the community and etc. They will be responsible for creating formal partnership agreements with organizations that will help CTPA fulfill its mandate, securing and maintain sponsorships and will help in managing those relationships and measuring its effectiveness.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Seeking out partnerships and sponsorships with various corporations and vendors that will give CTPA members benefits and discounts
- Working with Communications and Marketing in creating newsletters that are directed at CTPA partners and key stakeholders, ensuring all the content that is produced is consistent with the mandate and vision of CTPA
- Working with event teams to leverage existing and future partnerships and host events that are consistent with the mandate and vision of CTPA
- Inviting prominent and influential individuals and organizations in the community to attend various events and workshops and managing VIP invitees during the event of, and
- Attending various events in the community for the purposes of representing CTPA and networking with various individuals and organizations
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in one of the following disciplines: Business, Commerce, Economics, Communications, Political Science, Journalism or Post Graduate Diploma or Certification in Public Relations from an accredited institution or a discipline pertinent to the job function or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in project coordination to accomplish various partnerships, sponsorships & public relations objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent research skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Total of 3-5 hours a week, with some evening and weekend time for events is required.Skills and Experience Gained
- Negotiation skills
- Drafting agreements
- Ability to develop metrics and track key performance indicators for partnership effectiveness
- Expand your professional network by meeting community leaders, activists and business leaders
- Be a front facing part of the organization
How to Apply
Volunteer applications are now closed.
Please email email@example.com to learn how to get involved.