The Canadian Tamil Professionals Association (CTPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization focused on developing career opportunities for emerging and established Tamil Professionals through professional networking, professional development and mentorship. CTPA addresses the needs of Tamil Professionals by creating a community-based platform that connects our members and provides them with valuable career development resources.
Media and Public Relations Associate
About the Position
The Media & Public Relations Associate will work with the Communications subcommittee to seek and secure opportunities in print and broadcast media to increase the organization’s brand exposure and raise awareness of the organization's programs and services. This includes providing expert advice in the development of communications products and services, including online communications, publication, print production, as well as reviewing publication materials meet accessibility requirements. This position will give you the opportunity to work with a dedicated team to coordinate communication, media and special event strategies, as well as promote Tamil culture and language.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements multi-channel communications plans to support key CTPA initiatives
- Serves as liaison to media, coordinates media responses and spokespeople as appropriate, develops backgrounders and fact sheets, and acts as media spokesperson as appropriate or required
- Liaises with related media channels/stakeholders to ensure effective and timely coordination of information to the public
- Organizes media interviews and visits
- Negotiates prices for advertising space in print and broadcast media
- Researches and collects data on broadcast media ratings and print periodical circulation to determine the most appropriate placements for ads
- Monitors ad placements to ensure vendors comply with terms of their agreements
Skills and Qualifications
- You can develop and maintain a broad network of media, community and business contacts
- Experienced in serving as a media spokesperson on complex or sensitive issues
- You can communicate effectively with people, and provide consultative advice and services
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Background in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, a related field, or equivalent is an asset
- Conversational ability in Tamil is an asset
How to Apply
Volunteer applications are now closed.
Please email email@example.com to learn how to get involved.