The Canadian Tamil Professionals Association (CTPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization focused on developing career opportunities for emerging and established Tamil Professionals through professional networking, professional development and mentorship. CTPA addresses the needs of Tamil Professionals by creating a community-based platform that connects our members and provides them with valuable career development resources.
Mentorship Relations Associate
About the Position
CTPA is currently seeking Mentorship Leads to work with the Director of Mentorship to assist in recruiting and maintaining relationships with potential mentees and mentors. The leads will work on the Mentorship team to manage the pairing process between mentees and mentors and be used as a resource for both the Mentors and Mentees to gain the most out of the mentorship program. In addition to this, they will work with the Mentorship Director to improve the short and long term strategy for the program which includes organizing and hosting group coffee chat events, building a mentee/mentor directory for networking, and building additional resources that will help participants in the mentorship program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reach out to established professionals for the purpose of recruiting potential mentor candidates for the Paalam Program
- Screen mentee applications on an ongoing basis
- Assist with the pairing process between mentors and mentees; help automate the pairing process for future years
- Meet with and create profiles on select mentors in the program to help promote the overall initiative
- Manage the integration of an online learning module to train mentors and mentees
- Build and maintain resources that will enhance the mentorship journey for participants (ex: Mentorship Guidelines document, Mentee/Mentor Directory)
- Organize workshops and social events to strengthen mentor-mentee relationships (ex: organizing and hosting Group Coffee Chat sessions)
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated success in managing several relationships and achieving results
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work within time constraints
- Demonstrated success in developing the strategic directions
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Average of 2 hours per week with some evening and weekend time for events is required.
How to Apply
Volunteer applications are now closed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to get involved.