The Canadian Tamil Professionals Association (CTPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization focused on developing career opportunities for emerging and established Tamil Professionals through professional networking, professional development and mentorship. CTPA addresses the needs of Tamil Professionals by creating a community-based platform that connects our members and provides them with valuable career development resources.
Social Media Marketer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily communication of CTPA’s social platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) and potentially onboard new social channels into community building strategy.
- Use social tools to plan, schedule and monitor social feeds and drive the development of content that is of interest to members and stakeholders.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends through conducting social trends and focus groups
- Design and plan posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new events and initiatives
- Measure social traffic, new follows, unfollows, and create reports for these findings
- Facilitate online conversations with followers and respond to queries
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and member engagement metrics
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective followers through promotions and competitions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong command of the English language (French and Tamil is an asset)
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Social and tech savviness
What skills can you expect to grow?
- Social Media Marketing
- SEO & Keyword Research
- Email Marketing
- Content marketing
- Lead generation
- Productivity and Project Management
How to Apply
Volunteer applications are now closed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to get involved.