The Canadian Tamil Professionals Association (CTPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization focused on developing career opportunities for emerging and established Tamil Professionals through professional networking, professional development and mentorship. CTPA addresses the needs of Tamil Professionals by creating a community-based platform that connects our members and provides them with valuable career development resources.
Strategic Policy and Research Associate
About the Position
Canadian Tamil Professionals Association is continuing to expand and strive for new heights. At CTPA, we understand that effective governance and strategy is integral to the sustainability and long-term effectiveness of a non-profit operating in today’s complex and competitive world. The Governance team will develop the necessary constitutions, bylaws and policies to demonstrate that the organization is acting with due diligence and is held accountable and transparent to key stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulate key policies and strategic goals, focusing both on short-term and long-term challenges and opportunities
- Participate in the revision of existing bylaws, constitution and policies in line with long-term goals
- Research and implement policies to evaluate and help manage risk
- Work cross-functionally to create the decision-making framework for key organizational partnerships
- Ensure overall organizational accountability.
Skills and Qualifications
- University or College Degree
- Strategic Thinker
- Experience in legal or policy writing would be considered an asset
- Previous non-profit work experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, organizational skills and experience with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task and handle various large projects at once
- Ability to commit and average of 3-4 hours a week
How to Apply
Volunteer applications are now closed.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to get involved.